The holiday season is upon us! The yellow and brown leaves are falling, Santa is coming and the air smells like pine and peppermint. If you’re ready to jump head-on into the holiday spirit, check out some of the festive events available in the Bay Area cities. Whether it’s a Christmas production or a meet-and-greet with Santa, there’s something for the entire family.
- Follow the journey of a young bird named Max and his family as they head south for the winter in A Very Electric Christmas performed by Lightwire Theater at the Dougherty Valley High School Performing Arts Center on November 27th, 7:00pm.
- December 5th features the San Ramon Bah Humbug! 5K Run and Walk at the San Ramon Community Center at Central Park. Registration begins at 7:30am with the race starting at 9:00am. Participants receive a holiday long sleeved t-shirt and the famous 2015 Bah Humbug! ornament.
- On December 12th, Forest Home Farms Historic Park presents: Holiday on the Farm. From 11:00am to 3:00pm, stroll through the park for an old-fashioned holiday gathering: visit the Victorian Santa and his reindeer, decorate an ornament, and enjoy holiday puppet shows and refreshments.
- Learn more about the season of Advent and tips on how to enjoy a fuller experience of the holidays on November 21st from 100:am to 12:00pm at the “Revealing Christmas: An Advent Learning Experience” hosted by the Fremont Church of the Nazarene.
- On November 27, get sticky by entering the First National Bank Fremont’s Annual Gingerbread Challenge from 5:00pm to 8:00pm. Winners in each age category (adults or youths age 18 and under) will win gift baskets.
- Come to Olive Hyde Art Guild’s “Holiday for the Arts” Show & Sale from Saturday December 5th to Sunday December 6th. From10:00am to 5:00pm, peruse through original works in ceramics, paintings, jewelry, wood products, sculpture for the perfect Christmas gift.
- Enjoy a night of music, entertainment and giveaways at the Christmas Tree Lighting Event on November 9th from 6:00pm to 8:00pm at the Streets of Brentwood.
- Hit Downtown Brentwood on November 21st to enjoy the 33rd Annual Holiday Parade. Watch local dance groups and bands perform among fantastic floats decked in holiday lights. Parade will start at 5:00pm.
- Partake in holiday festivities by coming to the Winter Walk About in Downtown Brentwood from 2:00pm to 5:00pm on November 22nd. Listen to Christmas carolers, sip some hot chocolate and Santa inside All Inked Up Bookstore.
- Browse through a selection of handmade arts and crafts at the Holiday Craft Boutique on November 17th at the Dublin Senior Center to find items for your holiday gift-giving. The event starts at 10:00am and will end at 4:00pm.
- Kick off the holiday season at the Annual Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony, December 3rd at 7:00pm at the Dublin Civic Center. Enjoy holiday refreshments while listening to Christmas caroling.
- Visit St. Nick at the Children’s Holiday Tea Party hosted at the Dublin Heritage Park and Museums on December 5th at 11:00am. Enjoy holiday treats and a festive sing-along.
- On November 1st, bask in the season’s fall colors during a 3.6-mile loop hike through Mt. Madonna County Park’s coast redwood and hardwood forests and serpentine and mixed chaparral habitats. Meet at the Sprig Trail entrance on Hecker Pass Road at 9:00am.
- Enjoy a holiday concert at the Gilroy Presbyterian Church presented by the South Bay Singers featuring the Bay Bells. Concert starts at 3:00pm on December 5th.
- Downtown Gilroy presents the Gilroy Holiday Parade and Tree Lighting on December 5th. The event kicks off with a Doggie Dress-Up contest at 2:30pm with the rest of the day filled with choir and dancing performances and vendors representing non-profit organizations throughout the community. Children can visit Santa’s stop at Mango Street Kids to share with him what’s on their Christmas wish list.
- Come to Livermore Downtown on December 5th at 6:00pm to catch the Holiday Sights & Sounds Parade. Enjoy over 50 floats, marching bands, and more.
- Visit Pet Extreme (4500 Arroyo Vista Drive) for a Santa Pet Photo from 1:00 to 4:00pm on December 5th. Take a picture of your pet and family members with Santa and raise money for Paws in Need.
- Get in the holiday spirit with local choirs for a Christmas Concert on December 6th at the Asbury United Methodist Church Sanctuary. Concert starts at 7:00pm; punch and homemade cookie reception to immediately follow in the Fellowship Hall.
Interested in buying a new construction home in one of these cities? We at New Home Negotiators can help you. Browse through our website to find a listing that best suits your needs or give us a call at 800-529-4767 or click here to schedule a personalized tour.